Exfoliating your skin is a very essential step to achieve and maintain healthy beautiful skin. You want to make sure you're exfoliating for your skin type.
Why should you exfoliate?... Also FYI it's chemical peel season (professional exfoliation, for amazingly beautiful results) so schedule your's soon and look amazing this holiday season.
Dry dead skin causes the skin to look dull, flaky, wrinkly, clogs pores, cause blemishes, and uneven tone. So when you do exfoliate your skin you'll get the opposite effects, instead your skin will look vibrant, even, and improves elasticity. When you exfoliate on a regular basis you also get the best benefits from your quality skincare products they actually get absorbed.
- Dry Skin - Exfoliate 2x a week
- Oily Skin - Exfoliate 3 a week
- Combo Skin - Exfoliate 2-3x a week (start with 3x a week, if your skin starts to feel too dry and or irritated do 2x a week)
- Normal - Exfoliate 2x a week
- Acne - Exfoliate 2x a week (there is a misunderstanding of sorts about acne skin, you don't want to over exfoliate it will cause your skin to become dry and continue to the vicious cycle of break outs. When you over exfoliate and dry your skin out your skins natural defense is to produce more oil, causing the break out cycle to continue. When dealing with acne, using quality skincare products is essential to getting your skin clear. Diet and habits also play a huge factor (but that's for another blog post)
- Mature Dry - Exfoliate 2x a week
- Mature Oily/Combo/ Thick Tough Skin - Exfoliate 3x a week
Quality skincare products is vital to achieve healthy beautiful skin. Below are exfoliating cleansers from Lira and Sanitas. Pricing ($27 - $32 plus tax)
REMEMBER: With any quality skincare line a little goes a long way. You should never need more than a pea size to pea and a half to do your face, neck and decollete. Also some of these cleansers can be paired up beautifully with your clarsonic.
LiraLira Clinical utilizes the highest quality and most technologically advanced ingredients to deliver superior skin care. We produce our products with exclusive formulas using topical probiotics, multiple plant stem cells, advanced peptides, exclusive botanicals and various skin nourishing vitamins and minerals.
Sanitas is a To a chemist everything is "natural" – even poison ivy! Although certainly natural, biogenic ingredients are substances found in biology and innately found in the skin. The active ingredients in every Sanitas product are biogenic and chosen to boost the body's existing processes for healing and protecting the skin.