Let's start off by identifying what CBD is? Where does it come from? How is it extracted from the source? and How does CBD work in/on the human body?
CBD = cannabidiol
noun / can.na.bi.di.ol
Medical Definition of Cannabidiol
: a crystalline diphenol C21H28(OH)2 obtained from the hemp plant that is non-psychoactive.
CBD that The Spa Room uses is extracted from hemp plants. CBD/THC is extracted from marijuana plants.
CBD is supported by evidence to benefit the human endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system includes two primary types of receptors that bind to cannabinoids: CB1 and CB2. Unlike THC, which ﬁts directly into the CB1 receptor, Cannabidiol does not ﬁt into either type of receptor perfectly. Instead, it stimulates activity in both receptors without actually binding to them. This results in changes within any cells that contain either receptor. Because CB1 and CB2 receptors are present throughout the body, the effects of CBD are systemic. Wow no wonder CBD is changing the way the worlds looks at medicine.
The two Companies The Spa Room has partnered with both use the cleanest and safest way to extract CBD. Color Up Therapeutics and Kannaway both use CO2 extraction (water). If you are currently using CBD infused products either topically or intrinsically, please research and find out how the CBD is extracted. There are 4 different ways to extract CBD, water (as mentioned already), alcohol (this is ok), oil extraction (olive oil, this is also safe), and butane (please stay far away from this, as butane is a carcinogen. Carcinogen is a substance or agent that tends to produce cancer.)
Let's chat about how CBD is beneficial to our Skin...
- Revitalizes dry skin by encouraging cells to retain moisture.
- Inhibits overactive oil production, reduces pain, sensitivity, and inflammation associated with acne.
- Encourages wounds to heal faster and decrease scarring.
- Repairs and prevent damage (wrinkles) because it is a more potent antioxidant than vitamins A, C, and E.
- CBD is beneficially topically and intrinsically.
Now how about the Medical Benefits of CBD also? Yes, it is changing the way the world is looking at medicine. Yay, go mother nature!
- Antiemetic, Reduces nausea and vomiting.
- Anticonvulsant, Suppresses seizure activity.
- Antipsychotic, Combats psychosis disorders.
- Anxiolytic/ Anti-depressant, combats anxiety and depression disorders.
- Anti-tumoral/ Anti-cancer, Combats tumor and cancer cells.
- Antioxidant, Combats neurodegenerative disorders.
- Anti-Inflammatory, Combats inﬂammatory disorder.
- Regulates homeostasis. Homeostasis the tendency toward a relatively stable equilibrium between interdependent elements, especially as maintained by physiological processes.
CBD is known to help with the following, because it's communicating directly with the human body's Endocannabinoid system. Also helps pets :)
- Autonomic Nervous System
- Energy & Balance
- Immune Function Memory
- Stress Response
On a personal note, CBD has really helped me with the following: Inflammation, TMJ, Sleep, boosts my mental health also. I also love its antiaging properties for my skin and how amazing it looks and feels after using their products and receiving CBD infused Facials.